Wednesday, September 28, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids

Swim, Bike, Quilt

My daughter had surgery yesterday at Children's Mercy South Hospital.  Today she was feeling some better and I told her about 100 Quilts for Kids.  She said that we should donate one of the baby quilts that I made.  This was extra special because she has been in this hospital three times...once the week that my husband and I were supposed to get married and twice for the same surgery.

My husband and I ended up getting married at the hospital because my daughter was supposed to give me away.  They were so kind to us.  They decorated their chapel and celebrated along with us.  It was the best wedding I could have imagined considering the circumstances.  Here is a picture of that wonderful day outside of the main entrance:


So back to the 100 Quilts for Kids.  We stopped by the hospital today and dropped off this quilt.


My daughter was very proud of herself for suggesting that we donate a quilt to this Children's Hospital that has taken such great care of us!  I hope all of you will participate in this wonderful project to make a child in need feel special.

4 comments:

  1. Terrific donation your daughter suggested. Hope your daughter is feeling much better real soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. What a sweetheart your daughter must be to want to donate it. Hope she is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilt was one of the winners for the 100 quilts for kids link up. Send me an email at swimbikequilt at gmail dot com with your address when you have a chance!
    thanks,kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your link from Becky's blog. I'm always amazed when I realize there are so many quilters here that I haven't met yet (I'm in Olathe). Hope to meet you sometime soon. You should totally join us at KCMQG!

    ReplyDelete