Saturday, September 15, 2012

Busy Bee

I have definitely been a busy bee lately.  First and foremost I made the "Keep Calm and Carry On" quilt from Fat Quarterly Issue 10.  This is one of my favorite quilts I have ever made.  Actually I am making two, one to go above my fireplace and one for my old roommate in college.  Here is a picture of the first top I finished (neither are completely done and quilted).


The next top will be done very soon with different fabric but, of course, still the reds.  Pictures to come.

Another project I did required me to tackle my first zipper...boy was that intimidating.  But after a lot of encouragement from one of my internet buddies (JavaDiva), I tried it and it was amazingly simple.  Well at least this one was.  The pattern is called "A Little Duffle Do It" by For the Love of Fabric.  It was such an easy pattern to follow.  Very well written and a fast project and super fun.  Not only that but here are four sizes to choose from in the pattern.  I have my basting pins in my first one and simply love it.  I purchased the downloadable PDF from here:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/patterns/A_Little_Duffle_Do_It_Pattern_Download__D10068D.html




Well that's it for now, however I do have a ton more to show.  I will hopefully get all of that posted this week.

Have a great weekend!!

Chris

0 comments:

Post a Comment