Monday, November 26, 2012

More of my project overload...

I made my first attempt at a metal frame purse.  Now I must admit I was VERY intimidated by this project.  They are so beautiful but I had no idea how difficult or easy they would be.  I think it turned out great for a first attempt.  I used Riley Blake fabric and just love it.  The other side has a boy with a kite on it (if you haven't seen the fabric).


I am also working on another first attempt at something...hexies.  I am following imagingermonkey from Fat Quarterly's quilt along.  You can browse her pictures of the project by following the link above.  Mine is coming along slowly.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have to take projects like this slow otherwise my fingers bother me.  Here is a picture of where I am at so far...which isn't very far.

And lastly for show and tell today is another purse I made using Clover & Violet's Lizzy Pattern.  I have made two of these bags and just love them.  They hold just the right amount of stuff for me without allowing me to carry the kitchen sink in my purse.  They were both made using Amy Butler fabric.  


I was one of the lucky ones that was able to snatch up one of the Tula Pink hexy kits.  I will have pillows coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your hexies give me hope. I have been wanting to try them but I have been afraid they would be too painful for me. Your purse turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love working on them but I take it very slow. I won't do very much in one sitting. You should try it. It's very relaxing.

      Delete